FOAM ROLLING THE SHIN AREA
(To avoid getting shin splints and relieve tightness in the front of your leg)
- Kneel and place the roller under both shins while supporting your upper body with your hands.
- Roll down to your ankles and back to the knees. Be careful not to roll over the knee joint.
- Remember to roll down the ankle to get the entire shin.
- The shins are often a neglected area—athletes often focus on the back of the leg.
INCHWORM (Release for Glutes, hamstrings and Calves)
- Stand with your legs straight, feet hip-width apart (A).
- Bend at the waist and place your hands on the floor (B).
- Keeping your legs straight, walk your hands forward while keeping your abs and lower back braced. Then take tiny steps to walk your feet back to your hands
- Do ten repetitions