Rockin’ ‘n’ Runnin’ Marathon & Half Marathon Training Program
Join SDTC for our 24rd annual RnR Training Program and train for your best race yet!!
Registration includes a 2021 membership in the SDTC. Current members, log in and return here to associate the program with your current account.
2021 Rockin’ ‘n’ Runnin’ Training Program cost: $55 (plus SDTC membership). Training is scheduled to begin on January 9th, 2021.
No one will be turned away due to financial hardship. We know that this has been an especially difficult year for many people. To apply for a scholarship, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a 503(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to support the long distance running in San Diego County. If you would like to help fund a scholarship or support our non-profit, we encourage you to make a tax deductible donation via our website or email us for more information. Thank you for making a difference!
Here are just some benefits that you get with this program:
- Runners will receive coaching from early January through the early June*
- Weekly schedules, with daily training recommendations
- Socially distanced Saturday long runs* with Vitalyte and water stations
- Coached socially distanced Tuesday interval workouts*
- Running and fitness related educational seminars held via Zoom
- Custom RnR program ceramic mug and shirt
- Program participant Facebook group
- Personal mentoring. Our mentors have many years of running experience and will help guide you through your training and the RnR program.
* We will do our best to hold in-person workouts as scheduled and provide a safe and socially distanced environment given the circumstances. We appreciate your flexibility as we work to navigate the ever changing County regulations and adjust our program to for the COVID-19 era. RnR Training program will be capped at 200 participants to help with social distancing.
We will not be having a train run this year, participating in a local 10k, or holding our traditional end of program pasta dinner due to COVID-19 restrictions and our concern for member safety and community health. We appreciate your understanding during these challenging times. Stay safe and happy running!
- San Diego Rock N Roll Half & Full Marathon
- San Diego Half Marathon
- This program may be adapted for any spring/summer full or half marathon and many other races
Rockin’ n’ Runnin’ runners come from all walks of life and all levels of experience. Many are running their first 26-miler or half marathon, while others are hoping to set personal records in repeat performances. You’ll have assistance and guidance throughout this life changing program. Weekly mileage runs will build steadily and safely to avoid injury. (Runners entering the program should already be able to run continuously for thirty minutes at the start.)
The training program will include: weekly Tuesday night group “track” workouts and Saturday morning long runs with aid station support, seminar speakers, access to a members-only marathon and half marathon training web site with weekly training schedules, and long run course maps/route descriptions.
“I would highly recommend Coach Paul Greer to continue to prepare people to run a half marathon or full marathons. His work with the SDTC’s Rockin’ ‘n’ Runnin’ Program is amazing… So, don’t wait any longer and get involved with the SDTC’s Rockin’ ‘n’ Runnin’ program and join Paul to be the best you can be.” – Meb Keflezighi, 2014 Boston Marathon Champion
“I’ve participated with over 400 teams and organizations in my life but this undoubtedly the finest organization I’ve ever been part of. Paul Greer has to be the most inspirational coach a person could ever have and has become an icon in San Diego County. The volunteers do a fantastic job. A more giving group of people does not exist… there is enough inspiration to train even on the most unmotivated days.” – Terry B., 11 year member
- RnR does NOT have a walking program
- There is currently no North County specific RnR program, though we may do occasional runs in North County.
- SDTC club membership is required throughout the program
- Training program fees do NOT include race registration for the Rock N Roll Marathon & Half Marathon, San Diego Half Marathon, or any other races. Please register for the races separately on the race website.
- The Boston Marathon Training Program has been postponed as the race date is TBD due to COVID-19.