Rockin’ ‘n’ Runnin’ Marathon & Half Marathon Training Program
Join SDTC for our 23rd annual RnR Training Program and train for your best race yet!!
Registration includes a 2020 membership in the SDTC. Current members, log in and return here to associate the program with your current account.
Here are just some benefits that you get with this program:
- Runners will receive coaching through May 30th
- Weekly schedules, with daily training recommendations
- Organized Saturday long runs with pace groups with maps and water stations
- Coached Tuesday track workouts
- Custom RnR program shirt and gear bag
- Entry into local 10k race (details upcoming)
- Pre-race pasta dinner (May 29nd, 2020)
- Program participant Facebook group
- Weekly informational seminars
- Ticket to the annual Train Run (ride the train and then run back!)
- Personal mentoring. Our mentors have many years of running experience and will help guide you through your training and the RnR program.
- Lifelong friendships that you will develop training alongside like minded persons.
- San Diego Rock N Roll Half & Full Marathon
- Mountains 2 Beach Half & Full Marathon
- This program may be adapted for any spring/summer full or half marathon and many other races
Rockin’ n’ Runnin’ runners come from all walks of life and all levels of experience. Many are running their first 26-miler or half marathon, while others are hoping to set personal records in repeat performances. Our “YeHas”- experienced runners- serve as leaders within the various pace groups. You’ll have assistance and guidance throughout this life changing program. Weekly mileage runs will build steadily and safely to avoid injury. (Runners entering the program should already be able to run continuously for thirty minutes at the start.)
The training program will include: weekly Tuesday night group “track” workouts and Saturday morning long runs with aid station support, seminar speakers, access to a members-only marathon and half marathon training web site with weekly training schedules, and long run course maps/route descriptions; and a pre-marathon pasta dinner.
“I would highly recommend Coach Paul Greer to continue to prepare people to run a half marathon or full marathons. His work with the SDTC’s Rockin’ ‘n’ Runnin’ Program is amazing… So, don’t wait any longer and get involved with the SDTC’s Rockin’ ‘n’ Runnin’ program and join Paul to be the best you can be.” – Meb Keflezighi, 2014 Boston Marathon Champion
“I’ve participated with over 400 teams and organizations in my life but this undoubtedly the finest organization I’ve ever been part of. Paul Greer has to be the most inspirational coach a person could ever have and has become an icon in San Diego County. The volunteers do a fantastic job. A more giving group of people does not exist… there is enough inspiration to train even on the most unmotivated days.” – Terry B., 11 year member
- RnR does NOT have a walking program
- There is North County specific RnR program, however we do schedule Saturday long runs in North county approximately once per month.
- SDTC club membership is required throughout the program
- Training program fees do NOT include race registration for the Rock N Roll Marathon & Half Marathon, San Diego Half Marathon, Mountain 2 Beach. Please register for the races separately on the race website.